What to expect during your appointment
What to expect at your Breast Thermography appointment:
- Your initial appointment will take 30 minutes.
During this time you will complete the breast health questionnaire and a detailed health history (or bring with you if completed at home.)
- You will then be taken to a private examination room where you will be asked to disrobe from the waist up in order to become acclimated to the temperature of the room. A female technician will be available to answer any questions while you sit behind a privacy screen.
- After 15 minutes, the technician will take a series of images including front, lateral, and oblique views..
- You then will be asked to plunge your hands into ice water for 60 seconds. This is known as a stress test - the shock of the cold water will put your body into a "fight and flight" response. Normal blood vessels will contract and cool down while blood vessels feeding abnormal cells will not. The technician will then repeat the process of taking the images for a before and after view. The image taking itself only takes a couple of minutes
- Within approximately two weeks, you will return to our office and have the results presented to you in person. You will actually see the images of your breast, learn about any issues or potential issues you may have, and be given advice on how to improve your health and help prevent breast disease. This follow-up appointment is complementary.
© Copyright 2019 Thermography Clinic Kitchener Inc.